• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cab and bed not ligning up

Hey guys,

So I'm sure everyone has seen those pickup trucks that have either the bed or cab sagging so badly that the truck is folding in half. I absolutely hate that look, even the slightest bit. Well I think my truck has started to do this, ever so slightly. I'm probably the only one who would notice it. But I wanna get a jump on trying to figure it out. Does anyone know what causes this? Is it worn out cab mount bushings? Can I get replacements? Has anyone else encountered this issue?

thanks!

EDIT:

So just looking around I found Energy Suspension poly cab bushings at Geno's for $120. So now my questions are, how much work are they to replace? Just take the bolt out and lift the cab with a jack and pop the new bushing in? Also, I was reading one thread where guys didn't want the poly bushings, are they not as good as the OEM rubber?

Edited by leathermaneod

Super easy to install, just like you said. Good idea to sand blast and powder coat bushing plates to avoid future rust and treat the cab mounts also. They do stiffen things up, then again this truck has always ridden like a tank. Rubber is more flexible and forgiving, in regards to ride quality. I replaced mine because of squashing, an 1" difference on some. OEM rubber is expensive, aftermarket only has poly.

• Like 1