• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hopefully someone can help me

Hi guys, what I got is a 99 Cummins I recently blew the driver side headlight. I have a harness that goes from my passenger side headlight plug over to my driver side but doesn't plug in. I have a hid kit installed with ballasts. My problem is I don't have high beams I only have lows. So I checked the pins, fueses on and on. Then i unplugged the aftermarket harness and put in oem 9007 cheapie bulbs and what I found out is driver side works fine high and low my passenger side though only works on low. and I keep blowing the fuse 15 amp rt headlamp under the hood. I don't know if I have a short or a fuse I'm not seeing or that harness is shot and someone knows where I can get another any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you  

That doesn't just break apart down there with a another plug 

Also I'm getting on the dash panel. With the two oem lights on I get the high beam light on the dash won't go away even with I change it to dim. 

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

use a multimeter and check for shorts to ground and 12v at the plug.

The decide what to do from there.

Yeah I'll have to check the Volts only thing I did was test light. What am I looking for in the volts to ground.