• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 24 VALVE 230k miles p0122 Maybe vpp

59 minutes ago, dripley said:

I agree with @Hawkez on the ECM. Pretty pricey part to just throw on and hope it fixes it. Is your WTS light delayed in coming on? A few post back you mentioned that you pulled a relay and then turned the key and the WTS light came on and it fired right up. Which relay did you pull?

I figured that the wait to start only comes on when it wants , trucks driving fine now , n actually its idling except , I was just cruising and it tried to die so I put in neutral and it literally died and started back up itself , I'm going crazy because I can't find a damn gauge , I guess maybe the stock lift pumps is going out after just replacing,  I don't get it 

Btw alternator is testing good 14 volts 

Well idling I could hear it trying to die so I shutoff before it did but idk what a causing it to do that 

It's pointing towards the flp, but what's causing it to not send fuel 

Who knows mechanic said IP  or ecm never once diagnosed further 

Idled still until I shut off few seconds ago 

On 9/28/2016 at 0:47 PM, Hawkez said:

Before you spent $800+ on an ECM that may or may not fix your issue, have you checked to see what FP you lift pump is putting out?  What were your results for testing the alternator for AC voltage? 

Hawkes hey man my alternator with negative on battery and red on the alternator main, and I get .042 at idle. .050-60 at 2k rpms

15 hours ago, ItzReckless said:

Hawkes hey man my alternator with negative on battery and red on the alternator main, and I get .042 at idle. .050-60 at 2k rpms

That is VAC correct?  If so that is getting high, it should be lower than that.

13 hours ago, ItzReckless said:

New alternator same issue 

Don't forget to test your new alternator the same for VAC.  Many new alternators come out of the box with this issue.

Well new one test .009-19 ?  now truck won't throw any codes but it seems that injection pump is what's messing up like it's being told to stop 

My harness to pump had a tan wire inside 2 wires.and a coating of wires ?

Excuse last statement the wires I just asked because I was inspecting the wires to IP