• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Simple elec trouble shooting problem (I hope)

Simple question about elec trouble shooting?  I'm installing a elec low pressure gauge.  Already installed for many years are trans, boost, and egt's.  Batteries are disconnected.  Looks like gauges are "daisy chained" together.  IE wires for power and ground to gauges all tied together and then disappear under dash. I'm going to add the low fuel pressure gauge to them.  Wire disappears up under dash where I can't see or tell where the wires grounded or where they are getting power. (Access for me right now is behind the headlight switch, whole dash is not pulled)

Question...To find where power is coming from and what fuse....hook up a volt meter to gauge wire that I can see.   Other probe, check metal nub on top of the fuses.  When I hit the right fuse, buzzard on volt meter should sound off?  Right, or am I missing something?

(not sure where to post common elec problem on this forum)

Thanks

• Owner

As for the wiring you should be able to pull the dash bezel and the headlight switch to see where it going. Another way is to pull the knee bolster and look up at the wiring where its going. So the existing wiring is a ISSPro setup which is all daisy chained. Red and black is the power and ground. Yellow should be the lighting,  The other wires are separate for each gauge which will be the senders.

Thanks for reply...The dash bezel and headlight switch and knee bolster are removed.  Existing wiring and gauges are Autometer, “Z” series.  I have a much better view with them removed but still can’t tell where power side is fused to.  The wire disappears into abyss of other wires.  Going to hit up neighbor kid to lay on his back and see what he can.

Not certain but I think the gauges are tapped into light cig lighter. Is that common and which fuse is that?