• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Auto Transmission.

If you are sure thats all you are going to do thats one thing.If you get the hp bug you could go with a triple disc torque converter.That will hold just about anything you can give it.A billet input shaft is a smart idea as well.I dont know if there is any tranny vendors here.If not try these guys.http://www.autotransdesign.com/ They built mine.Whatever you are planning for your truck these guys know how to do trannys.You dont have to make 600hp to have a tranny built here.The shop has a tranny dyno and they build converters in house.They will ask you what you need and then build it.I went all out, i pound on mine with nitrous and shift at 3400 sometimes.It withstands a beating.Another dude i know with a 800 hp cr pulls with his.Season after season no problems.

It has been a wile i cant remember.Somewhere around 4500.But you could spend less.Each billet shaft is 800.00.I diddnt use my old suncoast single disc converter.I also went with a manual valve body.Stuff like that adds up quick.Atd can rebuild your converter set the stall speed to whatever you want.You may just need it freshened up.I know a factory rebuild is something around 1000 give or take.Charlie is the man to talk to.Edit 1500 to rebuild.+ or -

Who makes those triple disc TC's? Does Banks Power make on? I thought I seen a TC on there website but I would have to look and see if its a triple disc. What is the weak link in the Autos when it comes to HP? The TC or something else?

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

WOW!! I just looked up the Banks torque converter with the milti-disc and it was prices at $1400. I wasn't planning on it being THAT Much :stuned:.