• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tater built or diesel power products

Looking for some opinions I'm running a modded hx35 63 68 ported 12 now here's what I'm thinking tater built 67 68.9 12 with the hx40 down pipe or go s300 ball bearing 64 71 12 both companies say there turbo will spool faster then mine tater built builds a version of my turbo and said he can get the 67 to spool faster with a 7 blade compressor ECT the tater built Is also cheaper and no I'm not going smaller I like my turbo but always want more so any one got opinions I don't want to have to compound it I want stock appearing :cummins:

Edited by Silverdodge

13 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

I hope someone does 

I hope he has a good turbo for you to think about using. I don't have much knowledge on "larger" singles. 

I know for a fact he will tell you to run away from Tater, and I'm in agreement with that. 

U guys don't like them ? And I really want to try a ball bearing one they say there the next best thing but there not rebuildable so if it ever goes out I gotta buy a center section but the 7.3 guys say they love there bb Garretts so I'm at a loss 

If ball bearing was so great they would be on everything. They are not. Tater says a lot of stuff but cannot deliver on any of it. He is a snake. How much power are you wanting? There will never be a large single that will spool fast and make big power. Physics are hard to overcome. Any stock appearing turbo is a grenade, I do not care what the builders say. They are extremely inefficient. A properly sized cover and housing goes a long way in performance. 

9 hours ago, jlbayes said:

If ball bearing was so great they would be on everything. They are not. Tater says a lot of stuff but cannot deliver on any of it. He is a snake. How much power are you wanting? There will never be a large single that will spool fast and make big power. Physics are hard to overcome. Any stock appearing turbo is a grenade, I do not care what the builders say. They are extremely inefficient. A properly sized cover and housing goes a long way in performance. 

Well tell me what I should go with for a single with my mods i need an opinion s300 regular 62 63 64/ what turbine 12 14 gated or not I'm asking for help I'm not looking for all out power I want reliable power with would giving up anything I guess 

Edited by Silverdodge

26 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Well tell me what I should go with for a single with my mods i need an opinion s300 regular 62 63 64/ what turbine 12 14 gated or not I'm asking for help I'm not looking for all out power I want reliable power with would giving up anything I guess 

Power goals?

Truck use? (Pull trailers? Race? Put Put?)

How important is spool?

How important is top end power?

Can't help much until you tell us what you want from the truck. 

36 minutes ago, TFaoro said:
37 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Power goals?

I don't dyno so idc lol 

Truck use? (Pull trailers? Race? Put Put?)

Pull trailers never more then 15 k I only have a 20 foot car trailer currently so maybe another cummins and daily be a hot Street truck 

How important is spool?

I'd like it to spool like a animal

How important is top end power?

Never hit above 2300 rpm really so 0 lmao I just want it to pull hard 

I mean ik a guy running a box s366 as singles around me and its a touch laggyer but spools just as fast and is cooler with a trailer and less fuel so what gives 

26 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

62/65/12

62/68/12

If you jump into a 71+mm turbine it's going to be laggy. Honestly it sounds like you want stock spool with the power of a larger turbo. That usually equals compounds. 

Interesting

Also should I get the fmw version or sxe