• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fiberglass Topper cracks

Hahaha I'll pass,  thanks for the words of motivation, I have a long weekend ahead of me prepping and sanding hopefully we will start building more primer this weekend I was running a 102-degree fever this week so I was a little out of commission

The one crazy thing about this that has just driven me off the wall is the difference in hardness between the fillers, coating's and fiberglass it makes sanding very difficult.

If you're trying to sand partially on fiberglass and partially on fiberglass filler just don't it won't work for crap even coats of filler build up to cover everything is just about the way to go.  Oh and on your tooling gel coat sanding I feel your pain some of the fillers I'm using right now don't sand well with anything over 60 grit, I have found shaping them with 40 Grit and then stepping my way up to 220 is the only way to do it but when you're using 220 you're barely taking out anything maybe some sanding scratches here and there but that's it no shaping of any form no Feathering next to nothing at all

The glass and resin is the hardest to sand.  We use 16 or 24 grit on that. Gelcoat isn't easy but better than glass

We use a special filler that sands pretty easy.  We also use a supercharged type of bondo that ain't too bad. Our favorite is lots of primer. Spray as much primer as you can even if it takes multiple sprays. It's the best for fairing.

Good luck, have fun & I hope you feel better.

L8tr

D