• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 300M security system woes

Hi all! I have a 300m that keeps setting the alarm off for no reason. Sometimes after a few hours and sometimes it takes close to a day. I would like to fix the problem, but for now I would just like to disable the dang thing so I can lock the doors again. I looked at the few fuses it has but none were marked for the S.S. Does anyone have any idea's for me?

• Staff

Mine was acting up too and was going to wrap the alarm central box with foil to stop the RF noise problems. I never did get to it as it seemed to correct itself after I disconnected the batteries for a half a day, cleaned all the grounds under the hood including the two engine grounds. I also pulled the overhead computer and found the connector was not clicked in all the way. It seemed connected but I pushed on it anyway and it clicked another click like it wasn't all the way in.

I don't know if any of these solved my problem but it did go away. I also placed the keyless entry in the door handle so when it went off (even when I used the right door key) I could shut it off fast.

• Staff

Sorry about not getting back right away. Good info on the alarm. No one ever said anything about that of all the searching I did about it.

It is under the right side of the steering wheel. Remove the big panel at the bottom under wheel and you can see it just to the right. Near the ashtray, I think one or two screws holds it. It's a black box with a wire harness attached.

Now this info. is for my 300M in question and not my truck, so it may be different. My inspection mechanic says it 'might' be possible to get into the body computer and see a code for the malfunction or even turn the system off. Of course you need a $8-10k scanner to do so which he has. Sometime I'll get it to him and see. Thanks for the replies!

• Like 1

• Staff

Nice truck you have. I have an aluminum flatbed. It's nice to have a good headache rack. Mine is on it's second go round with a newer truck. Me and a buddy transferred it over. We did a better job mounting than pro tech did on the old truck.

Thank you!. I really like my flatbed. So much more you can do with the truck when you really use it for a truck.This is the second one on the truck. The PA. salt ate the steel one away. Only thing with the Alum. is it makes it almost too lite. Truck rides rougher and I need 4WD a lot more. But at least it doesn't need painted every year.