• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Endurance tires by goodyear

• Staff

Well it about time Goodyear made a decent trailer tire but the tire has been on the market for only 8 months so it's a little premature if they hold up in the long run.  .    

I've been using the MAXXIS M8008 ST radial tire since 2004.  The first set came with the trailer and lasted 9 years

before dry rot took them out.  I replaced them with another set of the same.  The trailer just went on a 5,200+ mile tow with no tire problems. 

Amazon is selling the 225/70R-15 Goodyear Endurance for $145.87 per tire x 4 = $583.48.

https://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-724857519-ST225-75R15-117N/dp/B076B4XM71/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1508198647&sr=1-1&keywords=goodyear+endurance+225%2F75r15

Amazon is selling the 225/70R-15 MAXXIS M8008 ST for....$115.97 per tire x 4 = $463.88

https://www.amazon.com/Maxxis-M8008-Radial-Trailer-Tire/dp/B004QL6I0U/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1508198814&sr=1-2&keywords=maxxis+trailer+tires

This is a savings of $119.60.  With a savings like that you can get 5 MAXXIS tires, a new spare also, for the price of 4 Endurance. 

Just my :2cents:

I think Maxxis is better tire in every way except one.  They are harder to get if you need one on the road.  Very few places keep them on hand.  My trailer tires I use for 5 years then get new.  We have had one tire failure with Goodyear Marathons.  And no damage to trailer skirting but know of others that had lots of problems with Marathons that cost big money fix up trailer after blow out.  

Weight wise load range D is what I can use but have always put on load range E.  

i used to like the MAXXIS ones, then I got Hercules, and i gotta say. they are the best so far, Lot better sidewall from the maxxis,

i'm thinking i'll be switching to LT truck tires next. but for just under 400$ for the Hercules tires, it's hard to pass up.

i've got 7 years on mine and i think the tread will be gone before they dry rot.

the inside edge from turning is killer on tires.