• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

finally got the ole goat goin again...questions/comments thread

• Owner

My god! I think I can do one better than that even. Get a longer piece and drill 2 holes at a 45 and "bow" the wire so it goes up higher and holds a lot better.. If I only had a drill at my apartment. I will do it Friday night. Hmm I got a few more ideas now. I will just let you all wait and see :tongue:

Ummm... Vertical clearance? :shrug: I guess I'll have to wait and see...

Ummm... Vertical clearance? :shrug: I guess I'll have to wait and see...

Oh yes, you will see. I will even make a youtube of me doing it. I don't believe putting something simply across will do as good of job as something bowing up. I have an idea though, and it will still close.

Alright here's what I did.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUijxQSrJDA

Let me know if you know a better way!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

I went out and tested it and instantly the bottle of water fell out. Glue was still wet, said ok I will try the other side. It fell out but since the glue held it resisted a bit more. This was a full tall skinny water bottle so probably the most likely thing to fall out being slim and top heavy. So I drank a little bit so it was maybe 3/4 full and then it had a hard time falling out until I drove on the road in 3rd gear and jerked into the driveway like a bat of hell, then it fell out :lol: That makes it good enough for me! Need better glue though, that adhesive crap takes forever to dry.

• Like 1

brilliant idear man...but i think i'll try and find some black weedeater string cuz i want it to "blend in" if ya know what i mean

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

oh and regardless of if you care or not, i'm gonna post this on a couple other forums :thumb1:

brilliant idear man...but i think i'll try and find some black weedeater string cuz i want it to "blend in" if ya know what i mean

I just grabbed whatever string we had. I kinda like the red though :drool:

I am beginning to think you could make both sides 90 degree holes instead of one at 45. That string is more flexible than I thought it would be and the 90 degree part seems to be the side that makes it strong. Plus it wouldn't look half-bowed, it would be a perfect arch. Something strong would be nicer but then you pretty well compromise it going into the dash. I might go into Lowes or something tomorrow and see if they make something stronger that would work even better.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Naw do what you want with it. It's half Mike's idea anyways since he kinda got the ball rolling. I do it to help people but more for the challenge also, so getting credit for it is on the bottom of my list, if on my list at all.

In other words, post away :hyper: Make sure and post back here if someone suggests something better!

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

HOLD THE PHONE! Make BOTH holes 90 degrees, er, straight down, no angle, just straight vertically down! I just went out and did it and it is a lot stronger and stiffer and still goes into the dash just fine. Super glue it and that damn thing will be bulletproof! I'll get a pic tomorrow. It even looks a lot better lol.

• Like 1

So there's the final result. I got a youtube movie uploading to replace the old movie. Obviously the more you push the string into the hole and therefore making the string tension tighter, it gets stronger.

post-45-138698165567_thumb.jpg