• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Clutch chatter or?

My truck chatters upon launch at almost any rpm idle or not. I think it has a aftermarket clutch in it, is there anything else that you guys can think of that would cause this? I've been under the truck looking for loose items but cannot seem to find anything that is loose (driveline, rearend shackles etc.)Thanks.If you really really really hit the clutch just right at a idle you can get it to drive without chattering but thats it.. Its really annoying when pulling a big trailer.

• Owner

Well... I know mine is caused from fuel contamination... I had #6 injection line dribble down on the clutch and cause to slip now and then which in turn cause a hot spot... Which was shortly after I installed the clutch so my now is jerky or grab at launch now... I've gotten use to it... Same since I'm not going to pull the trans down to re-surface the flywheel and pressure plate to fix it... :rolleyes: