• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lockup bog/timing torque/general q's

No, it updated in the past, and after checking that the version number was current I figured no need. I would have as a preventative measure prior posting, but I can't access the app store so i actually have to move the installer file (.apk I think) from my phone to the fire, so it's a little more time staking.

My phone updated the profiles without needing to uninstall/reinstall the app.

*Below is in context to a 24v compound turbo engine s362/s475, written to help anyone who reads it in the archives.

On a side note, it seems setting the wastegate correctly via adjustable boost elbow has a very thin window for optimal adjustment. Optimal adjustment seems to net the same mid-range and topend performance, but with a lot more bottom end torque/power/pep. I have been messing with it over the course of many months (12ish) with different fueling, different sized turbine housings, 0.70/0.80, and it likes to be mostly closed off, but open enough to flow air so the wastegate will still open. 

I just did a test run attempting to get a big mid-range boost by opening the adjustable wastegate screw outwards, to let it flow more air to the wg,  to open the wastegate earlier, to let the s475 come on sooner, but it feels like the bottom end just got sloppier. This is with 220hp injectors and a stock stall RPM and third gen stock sized tires that revs to roughly 2000rpm right off the line under normal driving conditions here on the East coast where people drive crazy. Wire tap set to come on at 5psi or >30% throttle. So the fuelling is all there to pickup and utilize any airflow improvements (fueling is on the rich side), set 100% fuel from 0psi on up to 136% by 24psi. Still didn't get any flow results by opening the WG sooner. Experiences in the past doing this on a 0.80 housing netted a mid-range that felt stronger, but I have come to believe the power hit was so powerful that it made the truck feel stronger. In reality the bottom end was just weaker, lazier, making the mid-range feel deceivingly fast.

I will still conduct more testing and bolt the 0.80 turbo housing back on eventually, to be sure of my findings, since I have changed torque converters since. If anyone is wondering my truck is almost smokeless / ie. No smoke or a light haze after installing a stock stall torque converter. This is from a DPC/firepunk "slightly  lower than stock stall comverter" that'sa300rpm lower than stock. With the stock stall, The engine Revs about 500rpm higher across the board at all throttle positions, making it a much more effective air pump. Maybe 15%-20% slower whilst tc is unlocked, but it cleaned up the smoke big time, almost completely with 220hp injectors and the quadzilla fueling hard at sea level.

It doesn't seem like having a wastegate adjusted to a larger opening nets much of anything, rather a smaller opening has much greater results netting more low-end driveability.

With my butt Dyno proving to be accurate in past on Lavons Dyno, I am more confident in my findings.

Edited by rogerash0

Getting the latest and greatest Quadzilla app/timing options available on my $30 Amazon Fire tablet was made possible by installing the Google Play store on the Amazon Fire ($30 2017 November model is) via Option 1 here:
https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

To import tunes on the Amazon Fire, installing ES File Manager makes it possible. It's also a great program to quickly send tune files from phone to Amazon Fire via bluetooth, so its use doubles.

• Thanks 1