• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Standing my ground concerning 2 cycle oil...

• Owner

This is the straw that broke the camels back... I've finally tired of the constant beating down of my 2 cycle oil theory and my hard work. Check out this thread... http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/alter ... e-oil.html As I said on the thread....

I'm not going to force 2 cycle oil on anyone. But if it didn't work out for you that's fine if you move on. I'm willing to provide information to help diagnose why 2 cycle oil didn't perform properly here... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/failure/failure.htm I'm willing to stand behind my studying, research and hard work with facts, numbers and proof. Please you guy that are NAYSAYERS do me favor and move on too with your unproven WHAT IF's and IT COULD HAPPEN without no proof of it every happening...

I just read that topic. Some people are just too dumb or blind to look at things with an open mind. I mean a long time ago I ran ATF in my 6.9L Ford and marvel as well. But knowing what I know now, there is no way I am going to run that ever again. That crap never entered my powerstrokes but I did run Stanadyn and PS in them. but knowing that the HFRR rating on those is actually worse than #2, I dont run them anymore. Just the 2 stroke oil. but I might run PS again if I feel the need to clean the system once a year or something. Thanks again for all your hard work MIke.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, I just want to say thanks for the study and having access to the safety sheets to get the contents of most of the additives. It connected the dots for me, I have pulled wrenches and driven for several years, I watched even when I was pushing broom, I knew the stock at my dad's shop and read the labels and asked dumb questions.So for the record the injection equipment on the engine was designed for the fuel avail at the time ( old Cummins 350 HRRF on standard diesel ) and it will run best and longest when it is fed correctly.The 2cycle seem to meet this at 1:128 and seems to do the same thing that it is designed to do - lubricate the upper ring. In a gas 2cycle the mix oil provides all of the lube, main, rod, reed, ring and piston, but the upper ring is the first to score the cylinder when some one uses non mix gas.When car engines were worn out with 40-50k because of poor oil, no filters and loose tolerances, they advertised upper cyl lube and stocked it every where. When better oil, filters and better machining raised the mileage at the salvage yard above 140k they quit pushing the upper cyl lube and started pushing the STP and other junk ( yes it will keep one running with oil consumption of more than a quart in 400 miles so the use drops to 1 qt in 1k miles ) but more parts are worn out, that is if you fix it.Now selling paint thinner as diesel additive really goes into profiteering. I gotta go get one of those magnets to stick on my fuel line for $300, the advertising is just overpowering. Except the magnet is a one time scam and causes no harm, the results from thedieselplace show harm from the use of some additives....... But the advertising is so strong.....keydl

• Owner

Now selling paint thinner as diesel additive really goes into profiteering. I gotta go get one of those magnets to stick on my fuel line for $300, the advertising is just overpowering. Except the magnet is a one time scam and causes no harm, the results from thedieselplace show harm from the use of some additives....... But the advertising is so strong.....

That's what's so amazing... That a company like PowerService is advertising a product that contain a secret chemical called "SlickDiesel" but in there own FAQs section on there site they point out that PS only meets the 520 HFRR standard. Nothing else said about exceeding the standard just meeting it. Well geez... That's like saying we are just as good as the ULSD but we got Slick diesel... :rolleyes Then there is MMO. A product that has the word "OIL" on the bottle and everyone flocked to it thinking it would lubricant anything and everything. But it so far from the truth again. It doesn't even contain a lubricant in it... :rolleyes The list goes on... Like I made a comment on a site once before that if I took 2 cycle oil and relabeled it as "Mopar1973Man's Diesel Fuel Lubricant" and sold it to the public there won't be a second though about it. Because I'm a company producing a product and that's considered SAFE! :nono :rolleyes This is the point I'm making no one is willing to research anything at all to protect what they got... But these same people are the very same ones that shoot me down at their first chance... :mad

The actions are actually to justify that they have been sucked up by the advertising and spent all that money - and maybe damaged their equipment. They would have to admit err on their part to do otherwise, the energy that they use is just type 'A' personality, typical for a sales weasel.keydl