• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Broke my brake line

I was not liking the way big blue was handling lately, so I checked out the steering system, and found the lash is getting pretty sloppy in the steering box. This steering box had a plug on it, so I drained the fluid being it was due. Put in fresh ATF, prime it, pump the brakes and turn the wheel back and fourth to get things circulating. Notice the pedal went to the floor pretty easy, and even felt a pull while braking today? Well, I guess it was ready to go, and pumping on the pedal did it in, oh well at least it happened in the drive way. So I guess I have a job to do tomorrow. Brake lines, and steering lash.

Well, got it done, 2 1/4" steel brake lines for each rear caliper. Topped off the oil, adjusted the clutch free play. Then :mad: the steering box lash was a pita, the adjustment screw and lock nut is accessed through a hole in the frame. of course the nut was frozen pretty good, which cause me all kinds of problems, including grinding a wrench to a thinner size. Took me 3 hours to do that, I ended up backing the lock nut all the way off, then I applied never seize, and the problem was solved. Here is a pic of the steering box and reservoir.post-10097-138698166447_thumb.jpgThe other 4 pics are Fass Pump thanks to M73M and all the other members who helped meView left side of engine compartmentView right side of engine compartmentMy Vulcan 200 Micron pre-filter with a compound gauge to check for blockage, so far it has stayed at zero.

post-10097-138698166454_thumb.jpg

post-10097-138698166462_thumb.jpg

post-10097-138698166469_thumb.jpg

post-10097-138698166475_thumb.jpg

Wow! That's a mouthful... :hyper: Well at least it runs again... But seriously Flman where the cummins? It seems to be buried under a bunch... :lol:

Yup alot of spaghettios buried under that cowl. I have to stand on the tie rods to reach the engine, and on top of the engine to wash the windshield.