• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1996 Dodge Ram - Trans problems?

• Owner

Hey gang... Reference - http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/2123-Mopar1973Man-1996-Dodge-Ram Ok Mom's 96 trans is acting rather goofy. ATF fluid is clean, don't smell burnt, and it full... But if I to set the cruise at 65 MPH and cruise home up the canyon hit a small hill and it shift out of 4th to 3rd pulls over the hill and then stay in 3rd. But if I give more throttle so it coast for just a second it lock up into 4th no problem. This is rather annoying and I would like to fix this little problem. Any help out there? :shrug:

• Owner

It goes into all gears but if there is a slight hill it will drop lock up shift back to 3rd pull the grade and then hold 3rd and unlocked for a very long time sometimes for 4-5 miles before shifting back to 4th gear and lock up. I was hoping to see one of the trans gurus come on and give me a hand with this. I know its the same type of trans as the diesel just married to a V8 gasser... I'll grab my video camera and shoot a vid of this...