• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Connection Issue 2001 and Vp44 pump failure/

First off i just purchased this quadzilla adrenanline v2 from power driven diesel installed it last night and only had some connection. Im using the bluetooth device with my samsung table. When i open the app it does not allow me to make a vehicle selection i just get the demonstration selection and nothing else. The ecm voltage stays at zero. I unplugged the datalink port and it has power unplugged and plugged in to the quad via multimeter. Could the reason be im not getting signal is because i cant make a vehicle selection because there arent any options? I did get some  connections like egt temp, engine load,rpm etc. I think i also killed my vp44 after running it with the programmer without being able to have a vehicle selection. Truck started running like crap and alot of blue and white smoke and sometimes it revs fine other times it acts like it out of fuel and when it does rev you get a loud knock. At idle its smooth then sounds like a miss then smooths out again. Only code i have is P1690, so first thing i was going to check was crank sensor but i dont have one on the engine at all it just has a cover plate. I ordered a injection pump from blue chip and stealth cover for the quad tap.Im sure the pump was tired when i bought the truck any way it had the common "death code" until i put Air Dog lift pump on it and it has been fine as far as i could tell. But maybe the Quad killed it after the pump was already on its way out. Has anyone had these issues?  Included videos for reference.  Thanks for any help.

Edited by 1369x
Videos

Tablet is connected to my home wifi still nothing I bought the tablet because my phone was having the same issues. Have also went to town where I had 5g connection to my phone and still no options avaliable.You can see I'm connected to wifi but still no vehicle selection option.

Screenshot_20200104-193202_iQuad.jpg

Edited by 1369x

Yes sir have downloaded it numerous times on phone and tablet still leaves me with same issue. No other choices. Only difference in the play store the tablet says "this app may not be optimized for your device". I have a samsung galaxy s9+ phone and a samsung tablet.

Did some more testing on my phone and tablet nothing (samsung) had 3 buddies download the app. They have (Moto),(Lg),and (Iphone). Only the iphone was pulling up the vehicle selection so I guess its either the quadzilla app for android or it's a android issue itself.  I'll call quad tommorrow see if they can help.

Called quadzilla and rep said it's a known issues and they should have a update to the app today or tommorrow. Now to wait till blue chip has that 2000 dollar pump sitting on my porch to get me back running lol.

• Thanks 1

Just tried this hooked map back up to stock and it seems to run better but still alot of blue and white smoke with everything back stock it has given me 2 more code in addition to the p1690 I know have the p0237 (map sensor) and p0216 (injection pump timing malfunction) "vp44 death code".

Cleared the death code and map code they havent popped back up but almsot instantly it gave me p1690 code again. Still having a decent amount of smoke but not as much as before. Going to replace cam sensor since my engine doesnt have crank and new map sensor  when injection pump gets here and new pump has a stealth cover so we shall see when it gets here friday.

Let truck run for a bit everything is back to like it's supposed to be have slight smoke back to stock which pretty sure I've always had with the 5 inch straight pipe and have zero codes. 

Still am getting a loud knock tick sound over 2000 rpm never heard this noise before the past few days.