• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

+12 VDC on Housing of the ABS Module?

I'm getting 12 volts on the metal housing of the ABS module.  I disconnected the large plug off the top of the ABS module and now the housing doesn't have the 12 volts.  Any idea what's going on here?  And where to start troubleshooting?

• Owner

My suggestion is just remove the the ABS module. You can have it sent out and rebuilt for a mere $130 by Module Master in Moscow, Idaho. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=module+masters

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/shop/brakes/abs-modules/abs-kh-dodge/

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

So the 12 volts is coming from something inside the module?

Just want to make sure I don't send it off to get fixed, then I fry it again because I didn't address whatever is causing the 12 volts to go through the casing.

That spark freaked the heck out of me!!

• 3 weeks later...

ModuleMasters took great care of me.  Fantastic communication and fantastic job on my ABS module.  Highly recommend!

The 12 VDC to the housing was caused by a previous repair that wasn't the greatest. A wire came loose and shorted itself to the housing.  ModuleMasters not only fixed this problem, but also replaced a few other components with better quality parts, and sealed it up really well.  Very happy with the service I received.

Edited by cs15dah
  • Like 2