• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Electrical Problem

A question maybe someone could help with. I have a 2000 ram 2500 24v Cummins when I tried to adjust the mirror it blew the fuse that controls the mirrors, radio, and cargo light. After the fuse blew I now have to manually turn the radio on and off and the cargo light will not turn off even when the truck is off. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Sounds to me like you have a short in that mirror harness or in the mirror motor, check wiring at the door jam area for damage, if no damage disconnect mirror and replace fuse and see what happens. Try moving the harness in the jam area to see if it blows the fuse again. There will be wiring diagrams on here somewhere but I'm useless at finding stuff, hopefully someone will link it for you then ohms test the mirror looking for a short

Edited by wil440

Thanks yeah I disconnected the harness for the mirror And they all still stayed on. But I did notice that there was a yellow wire that is inside that sleeve that goes from the cab to the door that looks like it is broke so hopefully when I fix that maybe that will be the issue. It was just strange cause everything was working until the fuse blew. 

I don't have time to check drawings but I believe the door switch is ground triggered. If you have a broken wire for the door switch that is shorting to ground (copper touching anything metal), your dome light may be on because the door switch circuit is triggered.

I don't know if the switch is in the door or on the cab, but either way.

Edited by kzimmer
Clarification