• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

W-T ground mod clarification early 98.5 alternator

Hi all...I am getting ready to do the W-T ground mod and have a few questions.  I have an early model 1998.5 and the alternator is wired a bit different from the later models.  I was able to find a picture of the connections from a member on here and also a wiring diagram of the alternator. 

Do I remove the B+ cable on both sides of the junction block all the way to the PDC or just where I placed the red arrow? Then do I run a new short  B+ cable from the alternator, with 140 amp fuse, to the passenger side positive battery terminal?  Is everything the same for the grounding mod after this point?

Thanks for the help!

alt wire.jpg

alt red.jpg

The B terminal will no longer go to the PDC box. If you’re running a stock amp alternator it should run to a 150 amp breaker or fuse then to the passenger side battery. I have an ‘02 but by going by the diagram that is how I’d do it.