• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Max load offset

Trying to get a full grasp on the quadzilla before my new injectors get here so I get it set up perfect when I get um in. I can't figure out the Max load offset.  Should it lower the timing as I give it fuel based on throttle position? I looked back at my logs and when I get above my set load precent it's does drop 2 degrees below my cruise timing but starts to rise pretty quick. Is this how it's supposed to work? 

Also if I want it to build boost faster should I set my low psi reduct to 5. It's at 4 right now. 

Thanks for any help! 

Max Load Timing Offset

Range of Values: 0 to 3

Default Value: 3

Quadzilla Adrenaline Max Load Timing Offset is used for giving the amount of retard over a range of engine load. For example, if your set for 3 then you would have -3° retard at 0% engine load and at 100% engine load you would have 0° retard.

Example if you have 14, 18, 22, 26 for timing with 2 Max Load Timing Offset. You can see the Timing max values in the 100% column.

Selection_116.png

The way to check the impact of the Max Load Timing Offset is to get to a cruise speed near 1,500 RPM and then add some grade or add throttle to increase the load to fall out of the Light Throttle Load Limit and just as it does the timing should drop to its lowest point now. Using the table above for an example if the Light Throttle Load Limit is set for 30% that means it should fall to about 12.6°. This gives you an idea that you have to figure +2° to allow for the Max Load Timing Offset the room to retard the amount you've set. 

Checking this setting can be rather difficult for varying road conditions. What you want to look for in your data logs as the timing vs engine load. As engine load rises past the Light Throttle Load Limit (Percent) and drops into the performance range then the timing should drop this set amount look and see what the timing value is and if it's retarding too deeply at this point. 

I read that earlier. I consider my self a kinda smart guy but following in my data long I don't see it working like it shows.  Say my timing is at 20 at 65 at cruise I give her some fuel, drop into performance timing it with a Max offset of 2 it and timing of 18 at 2000 it should drop to 16 right? But what about low psi timing reduct? Is that supposed to make it retard even more? Sorry for all the questions.  Once I have a decent understanding of it I'll get it down pat.

Edited by Unreal Summit

So for explaining max offset we are going to assume cruise timing is never in place. 

if you set your max offset to 3* then the quadzilla will retard timing off of your base curve calculation by 3* at %0 load then at %50 load it will only retard 1.5* and at %100 load it will retard 0*.  

This setting retards timing based on your load from your base curve.    

So max offset pulls your timing below, cruise timing pulls your timing above your base curve.  If your cruise timing limit is %30 load then at %31  load you will see timing retard significantly as it is going to jump from being pulled up from your base curve to being pulled down below you curve, then as load increases timing is also going to increase towards your base curve calculation as load increases towards %100.

Make sense?  

low psi reduct is setup to only be in place based on boost and TPS input when boost is below 10 psi, it gets more aggressive as boost nears 0 and TPS increase towards %100.  So at WOT 0 psi boost you get the timing retardation of whatever your low psi reduct setting is.   This will pull timing even further down as you have your base curve calc, then your max offset pulling timing down, then your low psi reduct pulling down IF you are sub 10 psi and high throttle.   

At say 8 psi and %20 throttle Low PSI reduct is just a fraction of what it is at 0 psi and %100 throttle.

Edited by Me78569

Ok! I was thinking that it should have a lower timing with higher load but I got it now.  I had it backwards in my mind.  Is the purpose of Max off set to help with building boost faster or ?

It all makes more sense now. 

I greatly appreciate your time! 

The purpose of max off set is to allow people to run high timing at cruise state, but then if they put their foot into it they don't blow their heads off.  

timing needs to be high or low depending on coniditions.  

Low RPM, low load, cruise state = high timing

Low rpm, low load, moving from cruise state to putting power down = low timing.   

then as load increases and fueling increases you need more timing to inject the bulk fuel at the right point. 

Edited by Me78569

So Max off set allows me to pull more timing down depending on what conditions are present. I think I am tracking now.  I moved it from 1.5 to 2 and I am building boost a little sooner now.  I was able to run down the road at 0 boost and have to hit a hill or get in it decent and start to build. Now I can get in It a little and start to build boost.