• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tach and no communication issue

I bought a 1998 Dodge ram 3500 with a 24 valve Cummins manual transmission 4x4 the problem is the ABS light flashes the entire time as soon as you turn the key on the wait to start takes a second to come on about 10 to 30 seconds when it does come on, it only comes on for about 3 seconds and then you hear the pump come on for maybe 2 seconds it is a aftermarket air dog pump it fires right up every time but my RPM gauge falls to zero after 10 seconds it has no loss of power or anything unusual after it falls to zero changed the crank sensor and checked all wiring and it is fine the PCM has been repaired and it will do this every time I can turn it off and turn it back on and it will do the exact same all gauges work but tach, I've checked all fuses and when I hook up a scan tool it will only communicate with the Cummins computer but I see rpm,tps,ect under live data I have bus voltage and I have tried unplugging every module except the engine computer to try and get communication and it will still not communicate when the RPM gauge falls to zero it sets the check engine light for the crank sensor but it has no other codes have any idea? It's a weird one lol

Dripley from my understanding the crank is the gauge I have the 5v and ground but I don't have a way of checking the signal I'm hoping it's something simple knowing my luck it isn't and it has to do with the communication problem I'll unplug the abs and the light will go solid I've been all over prodemand and identifix trying to find something..