• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Losing my mind

ISX

I need a 100 hour a week job in or something. Been so bored I have just been out staring at my truck making it more customized each day. A week ago I took the back seat out. I have had so much crap on it for a long time that I just cleaned it all out and threw the seat in the attic. The roominess was nice. For some reason we have a lot of toolboxes around the house so I eventually decided to try one out. The viable ones were either the one I used or one that was a little taller with maybe 3 more drawers. That one wouldn't work since the top had to open to open the drawers and I would have had to put the box 3-4" away from the back of the cab, which then I probably couldn't open the drawers very far. So I decided on this little one which might be better since it has a deep drawer which the other didn't have. Got it centered in perfectly and it sits about 1/4" from the back of the cab so they wouldn't rattle each other. Put some self tapping screws in and now it's solid as a rock. The hardest part which maybe you guys can help me with is deciding which tools to put in it. Socketwise, my 1/4" will go up to 14mm-9/16" so I think I will just throw in a 1/2" set that starts at 15mm-5/8" and goes from there. I will probably put a good amount of wrenches in it. That leaves pliers which can probably fit in with the sockets. Screwdrivers. What else would you guys have in it? As for application, I just want to be able to work on anything on my truck in the middle of nowhere.

post-45-138698170009_thumb.jpg

So when your gauge messes up and you run out of fuel you can't bleed it :lol:

That is one heck of a set. Just looking at it I thought it seemed like I was looking at some optical illusion from there being so many.

That squares away the main tools, well actually I haven't stuck any in yet but I was wondering more what else as in specialty tools.. Like umm, hmm, gear puller.. Probably can't fit that in there but specialty stuff like that. I'll probably throw a feeler gauge in and maybe some calipers along with all my electrical crap but I can't think of anything else. I got a really bright LED light so we're good there. Hmmm, lock tite, haynes manual.

--- Update to the previous post...

I had no idea I could fit all this in there. I thought only 2/3 of all that was going to fit. I think Flman's organization on the sprinter must have rubbed off :lol:

I took it down the road to see how awful it was and when you hear me open the socket drawer you hear all the chinging, well that was all I really heard and that was in our driveway full of braking bumps. It was the socket wrench and all those extensions so I stuck them all together and stuck it between one of the socket sets, problem solved. Believe it or not, turning or braking didn't make a sound. Think I packed it good and tight so it won't slide around. So as long as I can make it out of the driveway, I'm good to go :cool:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFRJFRlNNYY