• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

I would do the testing for either the P0237 or P0238 codes. Basically the test would verify the wire from sensor to ECM for all three wires (+5, sensor, GND). The the next test is wire to ground. It should show infinite ohms or (open connection). Your also going to verify the 5V signal and verify its correct value of 5.00 Volts. The ground signal has to be verified be sure there is something to bias the signal from ground. If that all passes with flying colors then the sensor or the ECM is to blame. The sensor uses the 5V and variable voltage with ground bias. Either the sensor is lazy and failed within specs or the ECM is not sensing the voltage correctly. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry for dissapearing for the past few weeks, getting settled into the new job, vacation, and surgury has taken a lot of time and energy out of me.

Finally got the rest of my upgrades installed that i got from @dieselautopower. Then 2 weeks later got my first sled pull of the year squared away. Gave it a proper stress test by not putting it in the right gear and carrying 3500 rpm down the track :duh:.. Whoops... Sounded good and strong though..

While doing the install on the valve springs i found that not 1, not 2, but 5 exhaust valve seals were borked... Either the tension ring was popped off or the top part of the viton was torn off. Gonna have to look closer as to why later..

Also considering getting a 12cm^2 housing.. the daily drive with the 14 is a bit rough.. seems to keep cool with the pulls though so we'll see.

Got rid of my 2019 finally, got a used 2016 Challenger SXT instead.. Also traded my 99 ram 1500 for it.. we'll see how this one fares.

Edited by Silverwolf2691
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta update my sig.. no, I’m running the 7x011 SACs popped at 320 you guys set up for me..

don’t know yet on the waste gate..

fighting smoke right now as well but with 5 of 12 exhaust valve seals not sealing properly (one each cylinders 1-4, both on cylinder 5 I think), not sure how much is oil burning and how much is fuel..

• 2 weeks later...

Been dealing with BS with the dealer and my challenger for the past 3 weeks.. They keep telling me its gonna be done that day, but they dont know that i know, that all of my parts are back ordered.. havent been able to look at things yet because the sled pulling truck is being my daily right now.. plus got covid again plus working OT at work.. need to decide what im gonna do, take the car back until parts come in or wait out the next 2-3+ weeks until parts come.. Logic says take the car back..

I think when i modified the mount of the canister i shortened the rod too much unintentionally and i think the pucks might be just off their resting points.. I think im just gonna pull the housing off and see how things are lining up.. Idk, cant get it to spool below 2000-2200 rpm, there's just nothing there. Kind of why I want the 12cm housing.. should help pull the RPMs down into a usable range.. I'll check the current one first to rule out any issue there first.

Took the turbo apart this past Sunday to check on the wastegate pucks.. they were off just enough to rattle when poked with a screw driver.. 2-3 turns shortened up the rod enough to seat them..  also had a small leak at the manifold gasket.. spools a lot better now.. starts building boost at 1800-2000 rpm now.. 

No boost leaks either..

figure I’d share my most recent pull too

Edited by Silverwolf2691
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Had my 2nd best pull ever this year, 323.xx ft... then they changed the sled on me. The repull was 171.xx... Overall, this year I got 2nd place. Learned some stuff. And where my limitations/short comings are.. Mostly, I have the power now, but I need to get the power to the ground better.. and a new clutch.. mine just about gave up the ghost on my last pull of the season. I'll get the video up soon.

• Like 2

Trying to decide what to do next for a clutch.. was thinking kennys triple sintered diaphragm clutch or a valair street triple which i think is ceramic.. Can you explain the billet flywheel? Or is that the SFI rated stuff?

Need something that can hold up to sled pulling and that can drive on the street. Not towing anything more than a landscape trailer to move someone to their new house, and that is infrequent at best.

Only a few years after auto meter.. unless isspro is significantly cheaper.. Auto meter elite series have done that for a while now, with.. but 250-300 a gauge is a lot.. sorry if that comes across overly salty.. ive been drooling over the autometers for a while now.. a full dash with those in it would be just *chef kiss* lol.

Good to know on the rest though..