• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L - Fuel Gauge & Cruise Control Issues

• Owner

Hey I'm hoping someone can find me a wiring diagram for "Minnie". I've got a weird issue with the fuel gauge that usually depends if the carpet got wet or damp in the front. When it does get wet the fuel gauge will drop to EMPTY and chime the low fuel light. Once it dries out again the fuel gauge works as designed. The sender is working correctly and not wore out but dropping the signal to the dash to display how much. I'm figuring its a ground wire but I don't want to tear the entire vehicle apart without a wiring map.

Just did about 30 minutes of Google hunting and turned up nothing. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Still going to need the book I've also got a cruise control issue it won't set. The Cruise on/off switch works I've ohm tested the "set" switch and it works but not actually working. I just swapped a working cruise servo from a 1996 Dodge Dakota still doesn't work. I've even opened the old servo and it has a small 1/4 tear in the rubber diaphragm. Hence the swap I did. 

The wet carpet was (past tense) windshield was rotten at the top the glass has been replaced and the metal repaired. Then it was door seal wasn't in the proper track and sealing. Then the HVAC case was leaking on the passenger side because the cowl trough was plugged and would drain so it would slosh the water in the air intake. Also fixed. Why I'm looking for the book is to find the ground location. I would have to pull up both driver seat and passenger to even roll the carpet back to even look. I could roll the edge up a bit but not much. I've really not seen any leaks since but I still need to find the interior ground location for a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L Pushrod engine. 

Minnie has been a wonderful little rig and been seeing between 25 to 30 MPG. Barely a 4,200 pound vehicle (yup I've scaled it).