• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rough idling 2018 Ram

I'm trying to help my friends son figure out an issue with his truck.  It's a 2018 Ram 2500 with a 6.7/Auto, it's lifted with I think 37" tires.  He had the truck deleted over a year ago and has EFI live tuning and the knob on the dash to switch tunes.  The truck has about 90k miles on it currently and has  stock turbo/injectors/intake.  He just took a job in Montana and drove straight there, about 14 hours I think he said and had to fight a pretty nasty headwind most of the way.  The next day and every day since when he starts the truck in the morning it idles really rough and makes a lot of black smoke.  It will clear up and smooth out after a little bit and run fine the rest of the day though.  The morning temps have been 25-40 where he's at.