• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3rd Gen Leaf Conversion

New to the forum here and really appreciate all the amazing info. I couldn't find this discussed before so figured I'd just ask. Does anyone have experience with the 3rd gen leaf conversion and specifically the kit built by Thuren? It's pricey but I'm seriously considering it as my truck is my daily and I'll never sell it so I don't mind spending on the absolute best. It sounds like the Carli full progressive leaf pack doesn't actually feel that much different compared to factory for most folks. Any info is appreciated.

Edited by HuskyA1B

Never tried them. I replaced mine with stock rated springs from a shop cost a lot less but rides terrible. 

To get a soft ride you probably have to take some leafs out so it's wimpy and then use blocks to get your ride height. Then add air bags so you can tow. But air suspension sucks, too many problems. 

Yeah that sounds about right. Now that you mention air suspension I'd also be curious how the full air ride from Kelderman would perform comfort wise, just get rid of the leaf springs altogether. But like you said that probably comes with its own set of issues. But I do use my truck more like an SUV with the bed being used mostly for camping so losing  some haul/tow capacity wouldn't be a big deal for me.