• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Want a 4th gen...

So I want a 4th gen..  but I want a deleted one 

& the ability to freely travel. 

Should I just get a early 4th gen and weld off the cooler ends and keep it on so if I get pulled over I still have it installed? / stock exaughst / knock out the cat? 

The only other thing on my mind is get another 3rd gen and stuff a 4th gen 6.7 or 5th gen 6.7 engine/ ECM into it.  I did hear the CMB is the best for tuning/ racing, but the 4th gen trucks look so clean just letting the computer control the fueling. ( what I'm after entirely actually ) 

And a 48re setup. 

Would be cool to have a 500hp + truck that's just doesn't even give off a little puff of smoke. Mostly for MPG

(Out of curiosity can you run either of those ecms with a 5.9 and 5.9 injectors? Or is it not possible with the 5.9 injectors / wiring setup on the valve cover? Also heard on some 6.7's the injectors must be registered to the ecm. + the difference in injector return) 

Thoughts? 

Thank you for your time. 

Edited by ICU_24VNUT

• Staff

Unless you have a lot of money and spare time for a conversion nightmare, your best bet would be to find a 09-12 Ram with only the EGR and delete it and the EGR cooler. You'll most likely need to run EFI Live on it with a tune on it to keep the CEL off because of being deleted.