• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Slight white smoke at Idle and low rpms while driving

Hello,

I just purchased an 05 3500 auto Quad cab long bed.   It has 228,000 miles on it and has been meticulously maintained since day one.

One question I have is, should I be concerned if there is a little white smoke at idle or low rpms?  It starts right up when cold, and no engine blow-by.  The truck runs very well.

The maint records mention all 6 injectors were replaced at 170,000 miles. Unfortunately no further details on injectors such as brand , reman or new.

You know how it is. I'd prefer to know the aforementioned info but it is what it is. I don't have that luxury.  Besides starting up easy when cold, are there any other indicators of injector health?  If the only real way is to pull them and send out for testing, I will replace them with new set.  If do replace them, looking for recommendations for exactly which  ones are best and sourced/supported in the USA .

Thanks!

These are the best injectors money can buy!!!

I told how I'd make injectors my self. 

And make an extremely balanced set and to do the best job you can, or just don't bother working at all. They open up the holes to make sure they perfectly round. So there's a smooth injector bore. 

I called it K-factor injectors. But I'm short on cash still and just turned 26. I put it out there in like 2016~2017. 

https://dynomitediesel.com/

I'd just get rid of whatever those are or just send them in for a reman service with new tips.

There the  best buring injectors money can buy.  

Skip the crap brands Like BBI, DAP, PDD, & exergy for the injectors specifically. 

But if you step up or are looking for parts off the internet dieselautopower.com & powerdrivendiesel.com are good places for them. 

Never gotten the DDP economy injectors or the stockers. But I do have the optimized stock injector. It's the max size you can run on a stock cp3. And with custom tuning (efi live from firepunk) and a full billet trans I'm getting 24mpg on the highway unloaded in a 4wd crew cab 3500 dually. 

If you'd like tell them NotSoNicely sent ya. 

P.S. ( if you call to ask to see if I'm full of it just ask for the owner Lenny. I think he's the only one who even knows :P )

Edited by ICU_24VNUT