• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I tried searching and nothing came up. I hear the front wheel bearing humming so time to replace them. I've replaced them once already with Detroit Axle units so I'm wondering what brand everyone has had luck with?? '01 2wd abs with drums in the rear. Thanks for any input fellas & have a great weekend 

I don't have any recommendation, but Rock Auto usually has many choices ranging from economy to heavy duty parts. 

Just out of curiosity, how many miles on your truck.  I would think that front wheel bearings on a two-wheel drive truck would last for a very long time - especially a truck with a manual transmission. 

Edit:  Never mind my comment.  I just looked up the part on Rock Auto and it appears that unit bearings are used.  I thought they were the old style inner and outer bearing which would last forever.

- John

Edited by Tractorman

On 7/19/2024 at 3:03 PM, Tractorman said:

I don't have any recommendation, but Rock Auto usually has many choices ranging from economy to heavy duty parts. 

Just out of curiosity, how many miles on your truck.  I would think that front wheel bearings on a two-wheel drive truck would last for a very long time - especially a truck with a manual transmission. 

Edit:  Never mind my comment.  I just looked up the part on Rock Auto and it appears that unit bearings are used.  I thought they were the old style inner and outer bearing which would last forever.

- John

My truck has 335k on it now. I'm not sure how many miles are on the current ones since I installed them but not enough they should need changing again but I've hit some serious potholes so not sure if that has shortened their life