• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mopar1973Man

Introduction

Mopar1973Man    3,801
Mopar1973Man

Introduction

I've been adding 2 cycle oil to my diesel fuel for the last about 20,000+ miles. So far I've found out that it has improved a few things like engine noise is reduced, fuel mileage increased slightly, and knowing the the fuel system is being lubricated is always a plus!

I've been adding a quart every time I fill up with fuel. So if I pump 20-25 gallons I'll add a quart of 2 cycle oil. It makes it roughly 80:1 to 120:1 ratio of fuel to 2 cycle oil. This is relatively low ratio and with not cause any harm engine as far as I known.

There is another reason why I'm adding 2 cycle oil to my fuel. It because of EPA changing the sulfur levels in the diesel fuel. This will reduce the lubricity. Knowing that VP44 injection pumps are a touchy subject you might as well add oil to the fuel.

Posted Image