Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

TPS adjustment failed - shows 19%-73% with throttle sweep

Greetings! I was driving yesterday with my scanner hooked to my truck trying to figure out my lack of overdrive and noticed my TPS was reading 18% with no throttle input at idle. I shut the truck off and mashed the throttle to the floor - 73%. I purchased a new TPS and installed it - same results (now 19% at idle, 73% at max throttle). I followed the procedure by @Cowboy in the tech articles to check all my throttle linkages. Got the front ball set 5" from the bracket upright. I probed the center lead on my tps harness, set the resting voltage dead on at 1.0v. Voltage at full throttle is 3.73v - within spec according to the tech article. It still reads 19% at idle and 73% at max throttle. This is my first diesel. I've been dreaming of owning a 12v for almost 3 decades. I've got tons of experience with gassers, but I'm at a loss with this issue. Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Anything else I can check? I don't think it would be the PCM since it just came back from ACS with a clean bill of health. Original and replacement TPS do the same thing. Please help a diesel noob out. Thanks!

Edited by RecoilFreak