• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
justbob

48re Tranny

Need help and advice --My Transmission is messed up...Its at the dealorship (on yeah 2006 5.9 3500 dually 56000 miles).The dealor called and talked to my wife and told her "something was out" best info I can give at this time. Cost to repair $700, if there are no metal shavings or anything when they pull the pan.Advice is this the time to put another tranny in the truck and if so which one. The ATS ? I pull a horse trailer alot ,but it only a three horse Any advice

How many times have you changed the trans fluid? A relatively large part of the late model automatic trans problems are caused by adding the wrong spec ATF for make up, adding additives and running the fluid just a little to long. The local trans shop advocates band adj at 30k ( he expects them to show by 60k :) ). Full load for a dry trans is nearly 3 gallon and you get about1 gallon out of the pan when adjusting the rear band so a full change would be 4-5 gallon of +4 ATF mixing well between gallons. Honda advocates 4 changes when the trans fluid is mixed with non Honda rated fluid, same situation - no drain for the converter.Might take notes and ask for spelling on the cause of the problem :)keydl