• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

UPS Favorite stop!

UPS truck arrives daily. Wifee asked if I bought out the internet? Well, a few of them were Christmas presents (outgoing). The rest were for my CTD. She knows I bought some stuff for the truck. I'm taking advantage of all those Christmas Specials & free shipping... I should go put a big bow on it. Latest was used AirDog system... looks like big line kit & fittings. I'll explore the box after the holiday (if I can contain myself).

I'm waiting until after Christmas to did everything out of the box & see what goodies came with. I don't have a good eye for sizes but it looks like the 1/2" big line kit & definately some radiused fitting to replace banjos. The pump & etc was off an 04 I think so not sure if the harness will mate where my OEN lift pump plugs in on the block. I see a relay in there. I don't know if I'll need some other hoses/fittings after I've laid it all out. I think I want to gut the OEM fliter housing to keep the fuel heater. Plannning to order a draw straw, so will combine other parts with that.

in my 99, you have to run a filter in the canister or you have a BIG leak. other than the filter, there isn't much to "gut" out. if you have only 1 12MM-> 06 JIC. then the the kit is meant to bypass the filter can. if you have 3 and a small section of 1/2"(less than a foot), then you can plumb the can in line.

hey russ, you said that your new AIRDOG was 2nd hand. i don't know if yours came with the instruction book(not that you really need it, but). I uploaded my copy to mopar1973man's download section. it is awaiting to be approved, and probably be up a little later in "other manuals and documents"

NO, it did not come with any book. The 04 is a CR engine, my 01.5 a VP44... not sure of fuel system differences. If there is enough hose length, could I just cut a piece of hose off, buy extra fittings? If not, I could add that extra hose to my order. I'd like to get a draw straw but am unclear if any of the mount to the original sender piece so a nut could be screwed up on the bottom to be sure the cussed thing does not leak (then reinstall the sender).

this book is for the 98.5-04, so it should be the same. here's that link to the book. /downloads.php?do=file&id=174">http://forum.mopar1973man.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=174 page 6 shows what the box came with. that book tells you to skip the factory fuel can. the kit doesn't come with the hardware to do it. i got the "big line kit" from vulcan and it was (2) 12mm x -08JIC(or was it -06JIC?), (1) pushlock 90*, (1) 1/8" tapped 90*, and 12 inches of 1/2"fuel line.