• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I need to tap the parking light/turn signal circuit for snow plow

Hello all, I need to tap the parking wires on my 98.5 for hooking up my plow lights. on my turn signal / parking lamp the wires colors are.

Green with Red trace

Blk with Green trace

Solid Blk

I believe the green with red is one wire I need. Would Blk = ground then I can use th other wire with the blk with green trace.

Thanks,

John

--- Update to the previous post...

Got it all figured out. The plug socket is labled.

Thanks,

John

I tapped mine at the light as mentioned. Being that the wires come from the headlight harness for the plow, and is right there. If doing a car alarm you can tap the parking light wire at the fuse. By the way we had a big snow storm that started late christmas day and lasted til 2 this morning dumping 12 to 26" so the plow worked great and I made some money. Thanks again.Good Luck,John

For a while now, I've been wanting to mount a few discreet LED running lights on the pinch welds but I guess I've gotten chicken about tapping wires which are exposed to corrosion. I'd like to tap inside the cap... the fuse panel would be ideal. I used to have a fuse tap which accepted a spade terminal from my days working for the Electronics company. (Pull fuse, stick tap in, reinsert fuse. plug your wire into the tap.) http://www.cooperbussmann.com/6/BladeFusesandAccessories.html