• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Howdy from western NY

mr.mindless

Got this sweet nasty beast dismantled in a little over 3 hours.The bad teeth on the ring gear were stripped by a shot starter. Bushing/ bearing on the snout of the bendix was gone and slop ensued. DB Electrical will get a call Monday, along with the clutch's & flywheel's visit to Rochestr Clutch & Brake. Going to see if I can get a little more holding power without breaking the bank while they take care of the bad ring gear.I think I'll see if I can find a starter locally so I have someone to beat about the head and shoulders with it if it fails miserably in 10,000 miles again. :punish:

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd throw an update here - tracked down the backordered flywheel ring gear through a friend in the business, got it replaced, and got my pressure plate springs upgraded from ~2600# clamping force to ~3400#. No more RPM flare in top gears!Took a week between waiting for parts and putting it back together. Made a 250 mile round trip Monday.Just replaced a bad pressure switch and pressure gauge on my air compressor last night, and I'll be putting about 1000 miles on this weekend back and forth to Dayton OH.Cruise is still out, boost control still is sketchy, but no more leaks as of this morning with some additional tightening of everything, and she's nearly tip top again as I approach the new motor's first oil change! :thumb1:

• 1 month later...

Borrowed my buddy's common rail. I'd intended to just borrow his little trailer that my truck is on for an errand I was running for him, but my 12v block had other ideas at 268,000 miles.

Posted Image

Turnabout last night due to a broken #4 injector line on his hog. His replacement line was only $23! Hate him a little for that.... :cry:

Posted Image

Posted Image