• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rureal.too

03 Dodge Cummins APPS sensor P0123

rureal.too    0
rureal.too

Is this procedure good for my truck, 03 Dodge Cummins? I am getting P0123 in the PCM and is in limp mode. For awhile after warmed up would drive ok. Was shifting in all gears, then it stayed in limp mode and local mechanic grounded the trans relay in the fuse box, then it shifts but no OD Now stays in limp mode when not grounded in fuse box. Replaced APPS with TIMBO's APPS at http://www.dodgecumminsapps.com/index.html, Made no difference.

Mopar1973Man    3,650
Mopar1973Man

Trans relay good? Try swapping with another relay... I would skip the ground though... Also clear any codes present... As for the APPS error code try clearing the code and see if it returns... Also did you do the APPS relearn too?

rureal.too    0
rureal.too

I swapped relays, all good. Yes I did the learn procedure and continues to be in limp mode. I have a mechanic who I want to follow your procedure for diagnosis but is it for my 03?

rureal.too    0
rureal.too

I don't believe it, only trouble code is the APPS high voltage

Should be basically the same... Just a matter of checking the wiring from pin to pin for shorts and opens...

rureal.too    0
rureal.too

Dealer located bad connection at middle PCM connector. Running like a champ.

dorkweed    301
dorkweed

Hopefully you didn't find that out "just recently"!!!!I hope you just didn't have time to post the cause of the problem!!!:duh:

rureal.too    0
rureal.too

I burnt ground wire to pcm, replaced by shade tree mechanic who also broke the pcm by exploring inside. $400 replacement. After extended time with no results from shade tree guy I let sit. Then a place called Promotive in Visalia said take to dealer because it must be software problem. $85. Then dealer in one day replaced middle connector $300. So I am in the red trying to avoid dealer.. Should have started with dealer.