• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Have a 2001 2500 HD Diesel 5.9 Auto Tranny. I have a major A/C leak. Leaked down with in 4 months. Are there any common problems with the A/C's on this type vehicle? I am the original owner. I had freon put in in 2007 and 2009 and Nov 2010. Is there a likely area to look for the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.ThanksMohok

Have a 2001 2500 HD Diesel 5.9 Auto Tranny. I have a major A/C leak. Leaked down with in 4 months. Are there any common problems with the A/C's on this type vehicle? I am the original owner. I had freon put in in 2007 and 2009 and Nov 2010. Is there a likely area to look for the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mohok

Man - I hear ya. Unfortuantely can be anywhere. On mine I have had it (in order) High Pressure Line Heater Core Compressor $1000 and still blowing HOT. Now I think I have a small leak (yours is small if it lasts 4 + months) ...... but I can't find it with UV and black light (u can pick up from walmart). http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/hvac/evaporator/evaporator.htm Best of luck.:thumb1:

4 months is a pretty small leak. I'm shooting a can in every 2 months, and the price of a can of 134 has gone up enough to make me want to try to find it. Fortunately I have access to a Matco sniffer and some other pro gear for leak detection...