• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Intake Air Grid Heaters

My manual states that the intake air grid heaters will cycle on and off for approximately 3 minutes if the intake air temp is below 60 degrees F. However, I can't seem to find the durtion of the on cycle anywhere. Mine stay on for about 3 to 4 seconds, then off for about 15 to 20 seconds. Just curious if this is the correct cyclic timing sequence.PRG, 2002, Ram 2500, 5.9 CTD, 4 WD, Extended Cab, 8" Bed, Quadzilla XZT+, Quadzilla Monster Air Intake, Quadzilla Recon Gage, Okanogan Highlands, WA.

• Owner

It total different depending on the IAT temp sensed at the manifold. The colder it is in the manifold the longer the grid heater will stay on. So there is no set time for how long they run. The IAT sensor will deside if the grid heater are needed because of low manifold temps. Like if I fire mine up on a cold morning I notice the if it idles the grid heater stay off more. But give it some throttle and grid heater are popping on and off more often. But to reverse this turn my exhaust brake on and the grid heater will nearly stay off.