• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

More Riding

ISX

Went to Chadwick,MO (Springfield/Branson area) over the weekend and went riding again. The last time I went there I thought it sucked, but for some reason I think I must have just went in a circle on the same 4 miles or something. We hit just about every trail there this time and I must say, it is very difficult but incredibly fun. I kinda have a thing for very difficult trails. There were piles of rocks for hundreds of feet that would knock your teeth out riding over them. Then there were the looser gravel trails that would take the whole bike wherever it wanted, those were the most fun to me. The guy I rode with had met up with his family from indianapolis along with another guys family who was supposedly very fast. I think I coulda passed him if I had more trail width. The first day it was raining but this place has so many rocks that it doesn't matter, except for the limestone that would turn into the equivalent of a sheet of ice. It was a lot of fun and I am going back on easter, if not earlier. Hoping to turn it into an every other weekend thing. I didn't get many pics but it should give you all an idea of what is there. The first pic is of the guy I rode with, spinning out on the limestone. I don't know why he thinks flooring it in 1st is going to help on a rock that is rounded perfectly over and slick as ice and from all the years riding with him, I have yet to see it work lol. Next pic is of one of the parts we had to get up. If you don't spin out you can be to the top in 5 seconds since you have to go fast to make it on those slick rocks. Last pic is all the bikes this morning, got some snow down there (Yes it was 80F there last week, unreal). Mines on the left, middle is his, green one is his old one (spare). Anyways, just figured I would share this with you guys. I shoulda got more pics, thinking about getting a helmet cam, that would be reallllly neat out there watching everyone go up all those rocks. I was going to just hold my camera but I am not good enough to hit all those rocks one handed, yet :lol:

post-45-138698177058_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698177067_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698177074_thumb.jpg

Nawww, I have actually pulled that guy on his green bike, up rocks like in the middle pic, but about 30ft worth, with a 2wd 250 4 wheeler. Bad part was there were 4x4 4 wheelers having a harder time, and they weren't pulling 500lbs :lmao: