• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7L partial bypass filter

scubieman

Alright guys need more help again with a different product. http://www.nucmotorsports.com/dodgeparts.html After ready description it sounds as having a partial bypass filter is better then a full bypass filter. Reason being is because cold oil will not go through bypass oil filter when cold but still will go through OEM filter. Please tell me good, bads... Heck between this and the fuel filter in line filter it sounds like both will save me money in the long run... Right??

• Staff

All good, same filter I run. But I don't get the partial bypass part, that's a full bypass setup and that's what you want. Are you calling it partial because it only gets part of the oil at any given time? If so, that's how they all work.There is no thermostat on those, so it still goes thru the bypass when cold, but that's fine.

Yes the reason I called it a partial is because not 100% of oil HAS to run through it to go back into engine. I believe I heard of Full bypass where 100% of oil HAS to run through filter before going back into engine. The reason for the cold weather description is they say right in it that cold weather cold slow or stop oil in tracks since filter is such a small Micro filter , that's why they leave the OEM intact.

• Staff

That's just part of their marketing hype. Only getting part of the oil is standard for a bypass, otherwise you would take too much oil from the lube system. There isn't a bypass system out there that removes the full flow system, nor one that takes all the oil. It's called a bypass because the oil bypasses the engine, just gets filtered and pumped back to the pan. The bypass will still get about 10% of the oil when cold, but it has less flow. The amsoil filters (full flow and bypass) have excellent cold flow properties due to the design of the synthetic media.

So let me get this straight. If I get it from them... It comes with a good setup and filter. Just keep using same filter. Go to blackstone labs and have oil tested to see how good it's being filtered? See when I should change filter/oil for sure.