• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I tried unplugging my Boost sensor (map sensor) after reading it would make for some good smoke. I was going to do a smoke switch but figured I would try that to see if it did anything before putting in the switch and having not work. I figured if I set a code I would just clean it out with my Hypertech Hyperpac. Truck ran bad and set a code. I scanned and found 2 codes. The first was low/no boost signal (duh!) and 1693. I found that one means it set a code in both PCM and ECM. I cleared the first code but the 1693 keeps showing up. So now I found out my programmer doesn't clear the PCM. I key on/key off and find codes 0500 and 1694, I don't know how long those codes have been there because I just found out that you can key/ key off these trucks ( I thought that only worked on older stuff). Do these codes affect the way the truck runs and fuel mileage? It seems to me my truck runs best and mileage is best when no codes show in the ECM. How do I get rid /fix them. The truck seems to run ok right now but I haven't driven much yet.Thanks

• Owner

Well I would try reseting the codes with another tool just to be sure and then take for a short drive and check the codes again. If the codes remain gone (Good your done). If they return then you got a broken wire or corroded connection somewhere. More on the CCD Network. http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/ccd/ccd.htm

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate the quick response.

--- Update to the previous post...

I noticed in the diagram you posted that the radio is part of the ccd circuit. My radio has some issues but does still work. Could it be setting the 1694 code? I also want to explain about unplugging my boost sensor to get smoke , I know that isn't something other Cummins owners appreciate. I understand the importance of not going around like an idiot giving the environmentalists ammo for their cause. It was just for when no one was lookin. Thanks again