• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
5-O Cummins

Modifying stock horns

Was wondering if anyone has done a mod to modify the stock horns to sound better/louder. I see that mine has 2 separate horns but they sound like they should be on a tricycle. I actually won't even use the horn because it sounds so awful. Any insight would be great.

Yeah I was thinking of air horns but can't cut it right now. Wasn't sure if there was a cheap plug n play type deal to replace the stock horns.

Yeah I was thinking of air horns but can't cut it right now. Wasn't sure if there was a cheap plug n play type deal to replace the stock horns.

Your going to laugh... The air horns on my truck are over 20 years old and cheap Pep Boys air horns like $29 bucks. Then I wired the horns into the stock horns by picking out the rubber seal on the stock wire carefully and slid it back a bit then tucked the new horn wire right along side the factory wires. The end of the wires are just stripped and push into the sockets and the rubber seal pressed in place... Serious... :lmao::lmao2:

$15 Harbor Freight trash air horns purchased last night for my truck :cookoo:You can get a set of Hella Dualtones for about $40 that look just like the factories, and sound fantastic. They'd be plug and play.