• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need furnace and central air advice

I am gearing up for a huge home improvement project and am down to 2 choices for choosing my contractor for a new furnace and central air unit.Question comes down to which is the better brand between the 2 choicesHeil or tempstar?These 2 contractors are only a couple hundred dollars apart for there bids and these are the brands they sell.looking for advice as to which is best?Any help appreciated.

Do they both have the same warranty.Also check for factory recall with heat exchangers.If you can go to a new subdivision drive around and talk with a hvlc guy.Gather info from other companys.Ask them flat out what's better.You may find out there both made by the same wholesaler maybe not.Maybe the heat exchangers are the same maybe the blower motors are the same.We use to rock 6 brand new housed a week when things were good.I have seen both myself.More heil than tempstar but that dont prove much.I still would ask a service man.The main thing is service call time and warranty.

Also check out the efficiency of both. Are they all electric or gas/electric hybirds? Does either include testing that proves the system is balanced and working properly? Get references of who they did installs for in that last 5 years so you can contact them and see what issues they have had with the systems. If they even balk, get someone else. Around here it is York and Carrier for the main two brands.