• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lots of work ahead

So I am planning on doing a little work to my truck and I am looking for input if I forgot something, or have a half-baked idea. :cookoo:I have a 4" exhaust brake and I am looking to upgrade my stock truck with the following:- Super B twin turbo- Exhaust manifold- 5" Exhaust with the brake on it- 150 CPP injectors- I think I am going to go with an edge chip, not sure about the quad- Propane injection- Head studs- Southbend clutch- Upgraded lift pumpNow my first goal will be to get the turbos on, my old turbo is not long for the world (lots of play and oil is leaking from it). I should be fairly straight forward, off with the old on with the new.Parts needed:- Head studs- Exhaust- Turbos- Exhaust manifoldMy second goal is pulling the transmission and transfer case. The fluid is a bit dark in the transmission, so I am going to drain and replace it. The seal is toast in the transfer case, and I think the yolk may be as well. Its getting a fluid change too. The gasket between the two has a minor weep, so I plan on replacing it as well.Parts needed:- Gasket between tranny/transfer case- Southbend clutch- Replacement seal/yolk- What types of oils?My third goal is to get the engine to quit leaking so much oil. I tightened the oil pan bolts to slow the weep down there, but there still seems to quite a bit leaking between the tranny and engine. I am not sure why.- Oil pan gasketSo far, is there anything I missed?Thanks for any input

Hey, I think you may be on to something there, with the rear main. That gives me something else to do while I have the transmission out. As for the order of things to do, I am going to try to get everything done in a short time period. I am not knowing how long the current turbo will last, but I have been told to get rid of it as soon as possible. So I prioritized that first, but everything else was planned similar to your list.btw I have gauges already.Thanks

So I am planning on doing a little work to my truck and I am looking for input if I forgot something, or have a half-baked idea. :cookoo: I have a 4" exhaust brake and I am looking to upgrade my stock truck with the following: - Super B twin turbo - Exhaust manifold - 5" Exhaust with the brake on it - 150 CPP injectors - I think I am going to go with an edge chip, not sure about the quad - Propane injection - Head studs - Southbend clutch - Upgraded lift pump Now my first goal will be to get the turbos on, my old turbo is not long for the world (lots of play and oil is leaking from it). I should be fairly straight forward, off with the old on with the new. Parts needed: - Head studs - Exhaust - Turbos - Exhaust manifold My second goal is pulling the transmission and transfer case. The fluid is a bit dark in the transmission, so I am going to drain and replace it. The seal is toast in the transfer case, and I think the yolk may be as well. Its getting a fluid change too. The gasket between the two has a minor weep, so I plan on replacing it as well. Parts needed: - Gasket between tranny/transfer case - Southbend clutch - Replacement seal/yolk - What types of oils? My third goal is to get the engine to quit leaking so much oil. I tightened the oil pan bolts to slow the weep down there, but there still seems to quite a bit leaking between the tranny and engine. I am not sure why. - Oil pan gasket So far, is there anything I missed? Thanks for any input

Damn ;) Got a good paint job ? Would be good to finish get off if not ;) that thing should humm

• 2 months later...

Well I pretty much have not accomplished anything :(

I have a bit of a reason too. Firstly, I lost may, we were evacuated from fires burning up in northern Alberta. Then afterwards I have been working a few double shifts.

When I did get time off I was going to put on an Airdog II, I had to remove the fuel tank to fix a leaking fuel line (previous owner replaced the fuel tank so it would rub). So I ordered the pump locally so I would get it sooner, I paid $100 more and it never showed up. So I canceled the order and just fixed the fuel line.

Then the passenger side seal went out so I did this as well. The previous owner tightened every bolt unreasonably tight, the 3/4 drive impact wouldn't budge anything. The U-joint was worn and this probably caused the issue. The bushing in between the half axles seen a bit of wear, I would suggest anyone who is digging into the axle to have a replacement, I did not.

I noticed when I was doing all of this that I need new balljoints and steering. I am going to order XRF and a borgeson steering box. I am still unsure what brand of 'T' steering I should go with.

The rear main leak I thought I had, was actually an injector line slightly leaking and washing black oil down with it. I smelled the stuff when I first noticed the drip underneath and could not smell diesel, I still couldn't notice the diesel even after (I think my nose is shot, anyone know a good aftermarket replacement? lol). The injector line still weeps a bit, but I do not want to go tighter, I am afraid I may break something.

I doubt I will work on the paint any time soon, it looks fairly nice and it is a work truck. Not to mention I am afraid the gf will back into it... Again :duh:

Now a new problem, wheel bearing is shot. So I am planning on either going with: http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Dodge-Unit-Bearing-Conversion-Kit_p_1714.html and http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Steering-Kit-78-with-High-Misalignment-Spacers_p_1337.html Or http://www.thurenfabrication.com/crossover.html with dynatrac, dlux, ballistic or spyntec wheel bearings. Any suggestions?