• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

End Of An Era

dorkweed

Well, she finally rolled over.............100,000 miles that is!!!! `:( I'm truly officially my own warranty now!!! :smart One saving grace about turning it is that my last 2 tanks of fuel have netted me over 600 miles/tank. It's warming up around here, so the mileage will go up. My Smarty is helping big time!!! The worst tank I got over the winter months still got me just under 17mpg!!! As I type this, I've got 100,204 mile on my 04.5!! :thumbsup

I just started into my list of things I'm gonna do to the girl now that she's past the "magic" 100,000 mile mark. Just yesterday, I changed out the front and rear diff fluid, the transfer case fluid, and the manual tranny fluid. I used Amsoil lubricants in all of them.......Chuck will be so happy!!!I'm also going to change the surpantine belt, and keep the old one as a spare. Gonna replace the brake pads front and rear and bleed the system with fresh brake fluid. I'm gonna pump out as much fluid as I can from the power steering pump reservoir and replace with fresh stuff. I'm gonna drain and refill the cooling system with fresh stuff. Don't know if I want to pull the valve cover and check the valves.......she's running real good and getting good mileage. What do y'all think?? Anything else y'all can think I may want to check/replace etc.???? Thanks..Joe

• Owner

On the brakes you might want to dis-assmeble the calipers. It will blow you mind how much debris will fall in the bottom of the caliper and not bleed out.Then on the power steering I would disconnect one return line and put it in a catch container and pump out as much and flush with fresh fluid. The system hold over 1 quart between the gear box and the hydro boost. So turkey baster doesn't work because it doesn't flush the debris out of the system. Remember the system has no filter...