• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OBD II port... sporadic readings

Today I hooked my computer up to my truck and when I viewed the live data values (RPM, VSS, ECT, IAT, etc) with my truck idleing the numbers were jumping all over the place, for example the VSS would read 0 then 68 then 136 and all over the place with my truck just sitting there idling. So something is wrong somewhere in the truck because I tried connecting to other vehicles we have and everything works like it should with the OBD II cable and software. I'm not even sure where to start in trying to find the problem but right now I'm kind of thinking it may be a ground wire somewhere :shrug: but I have no clue what wires to start checking

hmm now I think it may just be my software and the strange baud rate, although it had been working a few months ago :shrug: but I noticed in the software's console window it was automatically detecting that the truck uses a baud rate of 115200 for some strange reason (I think thats what it was, I know it started with 11)