• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1996 12 valve transmission

Hey guys i justed joined the site and just getting the fever for tweaking on my truck. I have a 96 12 valve with 308,000 miles on the original motor and tranny. I recently removed my fuel plate and not sure what the other thing is called that i removed but it fits in connection with the fuel plate and has a pin going through it that i had to unbolt to remove it. I afc star key all the way forward and adjusted the smoke screw in till one thread was showing. I also have a K&N air filter and its straight piped out. With that being said i was already having transmission problems, i would have to let off for it to shift and it shifts into overdrive to fast and kinda lugs it.Im wrighting all this to hopefully get some input on if im gonna need a new tranny are maybe something i could fix. My goal is to slowly keep adding things till i reach 600 horses are better. :cookoo:

The stock automatic tranny is not built for any kind of power, especially not the kind of power taking the fuel plate out gives you. There is no simple fix other than rebuilding the tranny using better components that can handle the power.