• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spare Key and FOB installed cheap !!

Finally got it done - found this works ;) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-RAM-DAKOTA-REMOTE-KEY-KEYLESS-FOB-TRANSMITTER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c2a1f18dQQitemZ110639575437QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories then use this to program your remote (took me 3 attempts - not straight forward but does work) http://www.ekeylessremotes.com/chrysler-remotes/2006/sebring/click-here-for-free-remote-programming-instructions-mop-19/ Key cut from ACE for $2.99 So I got it all done (and works) for under $25 :):thumb1: hope it helps

Did you use this in addition to an already existing keyless entry, or as an add-on beginner keyless system?I don't have a keyless entry and it would be great to add that in as cheaply as possible. For that matter, I'd love a remote start, but I don't know if that is doable or advisable with these trucks. I have no clue, really!Thanks,Jamman

• 2 weeks later...

From napa I added a keyless start on my truck. Its a 5 speed and works great. It is conected to the wait to start light and when it goes out the truck starts. @8F plugged in it starts right up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRxlXB4OgA&NR=1

this is a video I made for a sound I am looking for but you can see me use the remote start and what can I say! I love it!

That's very cool, Ldrivon! I've always wanted one of those in our car and it would be so cool in the truck. Does it work the same on an automatic? Which kit/product did you get from Napa? About how much is it? Or, at least, a name or product number and I'll look into the price. That would give me remote start AND keyless entry with that, wouldn't it? It would be sweet.I have a '99 and if it works on this truck, I will definitely add it to my list of mods/additions on the truck.

The unit costs about $100 but there is a catch. This unit will not work on a cummins unless you get a signal generator for the unit...+$60..Our tacometer gets a AC alternating current at a certain frequency.. The unit can't reconize this frequency.The other way this unit will run is by seeing a "charge" from the Altenator. It reads your voltage and will shut down the power to your truck if it reads the voltage drop. So. Its 50f outside...You click the remote..it turns on..YAY success!!! then the thing shuts down....!!!!??? guess what.... Your grid heater went on! GOD DANGIT!So you buy this signal genarator and put it next to your altenator and it sends a signal back to the unit to keep the truck running...I messed with this thing for a week.... The dash didnt look like a dash anymore. I burnt a ton of fuses up! I did solder all the conections though. I do have one reverse ground issue because if you start the truck with a trailer hooked up it tries to flash all the lights wich is super cool looking on a big aluminum stock trailer and it blows a fuse everytime for the interior gauge lights. I will try to find the information on it and get back to you. My wife has viper unit that also does remote start AND there is a Droid Ap and a Iphone ap that you can unlock your truck or start it with your phone! how cool is that?

My wife has viper unit that also does remote start AND there is a Droid Ap and a Iphone ap that you can unlock your truck or start it with your phone! how cool is that?

Wicked cool! I want one! It would be so cool to pull my EVO out of my pocket and start my truck. My brother would have a cow! I look forward to hearing back from you on this. I'm sorry to have hijacked the thread, as that's rude, but I'm not sorry to get your help. Please, any info you have is welcome. PM me or email if you prefer.

Cool, but arrrrgh! I hate having ANOTHER service plan! I should have known it would need that be able to do it. I was just hoping that it utilized one of the many radios built into the EVO and other phones to transmit a signal.Still interested, just slows it a touch. Still interested in your Napa setup.