• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VE pressure control valve and overflow restriction

jordan

wondering if anyone has played around with the pressure control valve and overflow restriction on they're VE pump if so how many turns was it adjusted e.g. internal pump pressure increased ? and what effects did it have ? thanks guys hope to hear back

i know what your talking about that's not the adjustment i mean though i was just reading threw the bosch pump manual (again lol) and noticed this pressure control valve and overflow restriction. basically it's saying it controls the pressure that the vain pump makes before the high pressure pump does it's thing, they called it the "internal pump pressure" page 15 in the pdf repair file explains it. i'm pretty sure i downloaded it off here (which is very helpful i must say! thank you) i have a hunch it'd be something kinda like increasing fuel inlet pressure if you had an adjustable fuel pump. i have no idea what the outcome would be if the inlet pressure was raised though:shrug:

hmmmm that doesn't sound like it'd be fun i'll have to look into this some more and find out exactly how the (low) internal pump pressure affects the (high) pressure injection side of the pump i'll try to post some good links if i can find some!

o ya that does help i downloaded that file when i first joined!! that's what i've been looking threw to get my current information from. just have to look threw and find the article that explain what the pump pressure does not so much how to change it. got my homework cut out for me at least

i still have the mechanical lift pump, i was looking at the FASS fuel pump/filter setup they have. probably going to buy it once my pump starts to go, 13psi is a bit more then the factory 6psi assuming that's the factory pressure. still a little confused about weather or not that pressure increase affects the amount of fuel injected (per-injection) or if it just over works the seals ? just found this really nice link http://mebonty.monobasin.net/vepump.html it has a very interesting segment in this section near the bottom titled "Cold-Start Device - CSD (Automatic)"