• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Groundhog,Yes it is positively worth it! In my case, I had the original factory codes. Seems like to me they bumped up the HP & Torque a little. My Transmission even shifts smoother. I had the 4th gear hunt pretty bad in my automatic, gone & now forgotten.They went through my computers & also did a check on my fuel system. I was out the door for a little over 130 bucks w/ tax. On my truck, there was a recall for a reflash that was never done. Michael found that for me.Get 'er done,Dave :thumbsup

I would recommend that if there is a flash available to get it. Its not much different than any computer. The updates are there to improve upon previous issues. Sometimes they create new ones but its not often.

The mechanic told me that it was an updated version, probably, I'm thinking, because of the recall.

There are folks on other forums that have used the Smarty to flash their trucks. I believe the code the Smarty flashes the eeprom to are written by the company that produces Smarty though. Therefore these would differ from the factory Dodge programming and may or may not fix the hunting. It certainly can enable the high idle feature though.Another though that I have heard elsewhere is that there is to much electrical noise on the APPS circuit in some cases causing problems with TCC lockup. Obviously to test this you would need an oscilloscope which most people wont have access to as they can be quite expensive. BD offers a noise filter, probably just a capacitor, but they claim it will fix this issue.

Michael put me on to the noise with the capacitors in the alternator, had mine checked at Autozone. First checked was the charging capability & then checked the pattern on the capacitors, mine said charging OK, good pattern & passed the test. So in my case I had no noise causing my 4th gear hunt.In a heartbeat, I would not hesitate in getting my computers reflashed at the dealer. I have found a local guy that knows the Dodge Cummins like the back of his hand. Lucky me! :bulb cky me!All the best,Dave